Sunday, July 26, 2009

Terrible Yellow Eyes




I'm not sure how many people are familiar with Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. It was one of my favorite books as a kid. I was fascinated and terrified all at once. I recently came across a website to it call http://www.terribleyelloweyes.com/ The site was set up by an amazing artist Cory Godbey. Every week different artists contribute their work based around Maurice Sendaks masterpiece. I have no affiliation to the site, it just think it is an amazing collection of some truly talented artists. Definitely worth checking out. Especially if you love the book as much as I do.

These sketches I did where inspired by Cory's site and Mr. Sendaks amazing book. I love doing this kind of stuff and the monster I picked is my favorite one from the story. The first image is colored pencil and the second I is a rough ball point pen sketch I did while I was on the phone.
Check out the site you will be happy you did. Hope you like it.

Later

Joe

3 comments:

Tom said...

Nice work, Joe! That site you mentioned is awesome, I follow the blog now thanks to you.

RAWLS said...

That's great man!
And in response to your question about Agent Orange, the first printed appearance will be around this December in Popgun volume 4!!

ragtime said...

Hey Joe - Great job man! Your coloring is very nice, indeed!