Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Shazam! Here's more Mike Kunkel.



My last post I mentioned Mike Kunkel has just taken on Captain Marvel. So far it's a great series. He writes and illustrates the stories. I thinks it's great. He brings such talent to a traditional hero, and makes it appropriate for all ages. I love his artwork and the simplicity of youth he brings to each of his stories.


Here are a few I did of Captain Marvel along with some if Mikes' characters and mine. The first one I did with Colored Pencil, and the second is just Prisma Color markers. I have a better feel for the pencils, but I'm trying to dabble in a few different mediums. I'd like to eventually get into ink washes and digital painting. I just need to add a few more hours into the day.


Here is Mike Kunkels' site for Billy Batson and the Magic of Shazam! Check it out. Take care.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i like......

anushka said...

i am a fan...

riya said...

Hi,
I must appreciate that you are a great artist. Your hand works out miracles.

===================================
vinny
look4ward