Monday, September 22, 2008

Huge Mike Kunkel Fan



I think every artist has their Heroes. One of my favorites is Mike Kunkel. He is the author, creator and illustrator of Hero Bear And The Kid. For those of you who have not had the chance to read this book you are truly missing out. His stories are from the heart, and simply amazing. Hero Bear is one of my all time favorite books.It's a graphic novel/comic book fit for any age.


Mike also has a book called The Land of Sokmunster, it is really unique. This is another great story to share with your kids. I can't get enough of his work. He is currently working on a series for DC comics called Billy Batson and the Magic of Shazam. The first two issues are currently available. My son and I read at least one of his books every night. Here is the link to one of Mikes' web sites dedicated to Hero Bear and Sokmunster. http://www.theastonishfactory.com/ Check it out.


I did a couple of quick sketches of Hero Bear and Tyler. I threw one of my characters (Joey) into the second sketch. These are rough pencil sketches but fun to do. I'll post some more sketches I did of Mikes' characters later this week. Hope you like it, take care.

No comments: