Friday, January 8, 2010

Industry Logo Concept




So Here is my second crack at digitally painting my own images. I'm learning a ton from Bobby Chiu's class. He is amazing. Unfortunately I feel like I'm in high school again because my assignments I've submitted to the class stink. Just like high school I'm still trying to cram in way to much in too short a period of time, so my homework tends to be neglected.

If anyone has any interest in learning how to digitally paint check out www.schoolism.com and take Bobby's class. It's amazing what he can do. I'm pretty much embarrassed when I submit my assignments, but the feedback is incredible and I'm really learning from it.

Any way, this is a demo for a logo for the Industry project I have been working on. I included a partial step by step, from my sketch, to primary paint to finished product. Hope you like it. Let me know what you think.
Later,
Joe

2 comments:

Tom said...

That finished painting is very cool!! I am way too affriad to attempt digital painting, I think I need to get better at old fashioned traditional painting first...

Joe Romano 2 said...

Tom, try the digital painting man. I can't paint for crap. So I figured if I was going to learn why not start with the digital stuff. You can actually erase and step backwards digitally unlike traditional paints.
I'm learning a ton with Bobby's class, but I still have a long way to go.

I'd love to learn oil painting some day. Thanks for dropping by.